Related External Links
- Writing Tutor - animations of how to write hiragana, katakana, and some kanji.
- Understanding Written Japanese - Joyo 96
- MIT Japanese Program Reading/Writing Exercises
- Kanji in Pictures - a way to help you remember the Kanji.
- Hiragana - large hiragana characters to print off and make into flashcards. Be sure to click out of the pop-up ad before printing.
- Katakana - large katakana characters to print off and make into flashcards. Be sure to click out of the pop-up ad before printing.
- Interactive Kanji Test - Online test of your kanji knowledge.
- Travlang's Word of the Day - new vocabulary word each day with audio clip for pronunciation.
- Brigham Young University Independent Study
- Free Light Japanese
- Intelligent Education, Inc. - an on-line high school.
- Japanese Language - from About.com
- Japanese-Online Language Lessons
- Kids Japan, Japanese Language Room
- The Learnables Language Program
- Power-glide Language Courses
- The Rosetta Stone - Interactive CDROM. The written Japanese on this program is easily switchable between Romaji, Hiragana, and Kanji.
- Microsoft Global IME - Download Microsoft Global IME for Japanese (with Language Pack). After it is installed on your computer, on your browser window go to View, Encoding, More and click on Japanese (shift JIS). Since this installation changed my default font for viewing all web sites from Times New Roman to Arial, I went back to View, Encoding, and clicked on Auto-Select. This required me to download the Auto-Select Program with took all of 60 seconds to download, and from then on my web sites appeared in Times New Roman as the default, but I can still read Japanese web sites.
- Japanese Language List - an e-mail list for the discussion of the Japanese language. Lots of helpful people on it.
- JapanGenWeb - Genealogy web site for Japan.
- World Fact Book - Japan - statistics and facts about Japan.
- JapLinx - Lots of good stuff for students (activities) and teachers.
- Japan for Visitors - from About.com
- Japanese Cuisine - from About.com
- Japanese Culture - from About.com